The urea breath test (UBT) is a non-invasive method to detect Helicobacter pylori(H.pylori) infection which may cause ulcers both in stomach and duodenum. Now you can get done your Urea Breath Test in Islamabad at Islamabad Gastroenterology Associates facility.
Pylori deliver a catalyst called urease, which separates urea into ammonia and carbon dioxide. Amid the test, a tablet containing urea (a synthetic made of nitrogen and an insignificantly radioactive carbon) is gulped and the measure of breathing out carbon dioxide is estimated and presence of H.pylori is indicated in the stomach.
How should you prepare for a Urea Breath Test?
Consider these points before the UBT test:
- Consult Prof. Muzaffar Lateef Gill at Islamabad Gastroenterology Associates about your medical conditions. Especially if you are pregnant or having other lung or heart issues.
- Make sure you don’t take antibiotics 4 weeks prior to the test.
- Don’t use any pump inhibitors
- Don’t eat or drink for four hours prior to the test
How does the Urea Breath Test happen?
- A Gastroenterologist at Islamabad Gastroenterology Associates will brief you about UBT and will take the questions from you.
- Your Breath samples will be taken
What should you do after the Urea Breath Test?
- Resume your normal activities.
- Use a normal diet, unless you are scheduled for other tests that require dietary restrictions.
- Urea breath test results are usually available within two days at Islamabad Gastroenterology Associates